||The Division of Policy and Research on Medicaid and Medicare (PRMM) is an interdisciplinary, applied research team within the Institute for Families in Society that conducts research and policy analysis on health and family issues that affect South Carolina and the nation. PRMM provides researchers, policy makers, and practitioners with opportunities to work together to identify and promote the adoption of policies and practices informed by research. PRMM further translates research into practice.
Our initiatives focus on applied research studies, secondary data analyses, complex and large-scale database management, and process and outcome evaluation to guide the development of evidence-based interventions and quality improvement strategies.
PRMM works collaboratively with
- State agencies such as the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Health and Environmental Control, among others;
- Systems of care and provider organizations;
- Policy makers;
- Federal agencies;
- Children and families at risk for poor health outcomes;
- Underserved or vulnerable populations; and
- Major stakeholder organizations serving:
- individuals with chronic conditions
- individuals with disabilities
- low-income populations
The work of the PRMM Division and its Director, Dr. Ana Lòpez - De Fede, was cited on the Savannah Morning News site.